Monday, May 14, 2012

Book Review and Contest Results

  Great cover, huh? Don't you just want to be this woman--skinny and shopping in Paris? Okay, so the book doesn't tell you how to be skinny but it does give you take-charge-of-your-own-spending/saving skills and tools. Million Dollar Diva - The Smart Woman's Guide to Getting Rich Safely by Tristi Pinkston, Brett Kitchen , and Ethan Kap, is a wonderful guide with current, real life information for women (and I dare say men) of any age. I liked that the book followed the information for a true example (Tristi's own financial situation) that you can track by going to the website www.milliondollardiva.com.
  Using caution and safe practices, the book discusses our mental or emotional attitudes about money, ways to reduce debt, plan for spending, getting more out of our earning power, and risk-free investing. I found something useful from each section but especially found the reasoning behind our emotions attached to money issues fascinating. Ideas about amplifying your income and investing surprised me. There is much to glean here and it is done in such a way as to keep it from being dry and unpalatable, the best I've seen. I highly recommend this book for anyone who seeks advice in money matters.
  From now through June 15, you can order this book free for just the cost of shipping at $5.95 USD. You can also download blueprints and plans to get you started on your own money improvement journey at the above website.
  I also wanted to give an update on the results of the "My Hometown" essay contest I entered. I was one of the three winners who will receive an Apple Ipad! Hooray! If you would like to read the essay, I posted it here or go to www.yourhometowngrocer.com to read any of the winning or finalist essays. Thank you again if you voted for me. It's always fun to see one's writing win something.

4 comments:

kbrebes said...

Well written post, Renae! So happy you won the contest!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kathleen. It was great to see you at the conference too. Wish we had more time together. Thanks for visiting.

Leslie said...

Thanks for stopping by my new blog! And I'm so glad to have found yours now.

This sounded like a fantastic book so I ordered it and can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Leslie. New writer friends are great!