Monday, September 9, 2013

The Power of Words

"The pen is mightier than the sword." -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Truth or falsehood in advertising has the power to entice one to purchase. Speeches stir patriotic feelings or spur listeners to action. Words in the Bible draw out spirituality within. A good book takes us into its world and lets us live alongside the characters. Each of these has a common element: The power of words. No wonder there are so many poets, authors, and orators! These two little words impact relationships: "I'm sorry." A sincere "I love you" warms the heart. What makes words so powerful? They convey emotion.

I've been reading mini stories--events packed with emotion--in JoLyn Brown's A Circle of Sisters. It's similar to my inspirational non-fiction, Bishop Stories. As I've gone over the submissions for this book, I've felt a range of emotions. I've laughed and cried at the tender sentiments conveyed through words. If you would like to be a part of this wonderful collection of stories, I am taking submissions through September 15, 2013. For more information, e-mail me at bishopstories.submissionsATgmailDOTcom or leave a comment. Emotion is at the heart of these stories and that's what makes them so powerful.

Have a great week!

No comments: