Monday, April 28, 2014

What I Gained at a Writer's Conference



Writers usually come away from any writer's conference pumped to implement what they have learned. My experience at the LDStorymaker Conference 2014 takes no exception and I'll give tips from that next week. But knowledge is not the biggest thing I gained this year. It wasn't the author-signed books I bought or conference swag like this cool pen. The biggest thing to pump me up was the people-connections.

Melissa and Rich from my former Face-to-Face Crit Group
 
New on-line critique group meets for first time.

Perhaps my most treasured moments stem from the lack of face-to-face contact I've had with writers since moving to California. What matters most? Those real, live characters in the stories of our lives. People. 
Another missed Crit Group friend, Angela.
Kathleen inspired me to start this blog.








No comments: