Monday, April 18, 2011

Giving Hope

I've been listening to an audio-book, Before My Heart Stops by Paul Cardall, and can't help but feel his passion to give hope and encouragement to others, whatever their trials may be, through his words. It's an inspiring story for anyone but I picked it up especially because I have a prenatal grandson that will be born this summer with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. He will have heart surgery within the first week of his life on earth.
Cardall's story is mostly told through blog entries. I don't know if he ever intended them to be compiled into a book, but he certainly wanted to let others know of his gratitude for every day of his life, the good and the bad, and of his faith in a God who is in charge of his destiny. Wouldn't it be great if I could inspire such goodness and hope to readers? Okay, so I don't have an extraordinary cause for my blog, or perhaps even my manuscript. But if I could touch one person for good--make them laugh or cry or feel something--then my efforts have not been wasted. If I could touch a thousand people. . .
May you find joy and inspiration in something you write or read today is my hope.
What kind of things inspire you?

No comments: