|What would we do without male characters?|
1. Are there more stories with a female main character (MC) or a male?
This might depend on what you like to read. Most stories include both but one typically dominates as MC. I've heard that women make up the largest percentage of readers, but then women can relate to both male and female MCs. You men out there, are you the same way?
2. Do you prefer a male or female MC?
3. Why are the male MCs always young and handsome?
Sex appeal is probably #1. Same for hot guys in movies, I guess. That's not to say there aren't other reasons.
4. Are most of the villains male? Why or why not?
The Seventh City has a tall, slender high priest as the villain. His name is Japethihah but my critique group has nicknamed him Jafar (from Aladdin).
5. Who are your favorite male MCs/leads and villains?
Harry Potter holds that likability factor for me and a lot of people.