Monday, March 4, 2013

Celebrating Read Across America Day?

I'm not celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday today or participating in any kind of reading (beyond box labels). Why? I'm hanging out with the movers who are packing me up to a relocation spot in Northern California. Squee! Excitement and butterflies! But I hope you get to spend time reading something you love.

Kids are not the only ones reading across America today. Teens and adults are too. If you are reading my blog then you are one of them. (Good trick, huh?) But you probably already love to read and know that reading expands knowledge and lets us experience that secret world of wonder limited only by imagination. 

More big news, if you haven't heard, is that my LDS fiction, The Seventh City, is off/submitted to publishers! More excitement and butterflies. It feels so good to have that goal checked off and I've noticed my time a smidgen freer. Now I'm only working on two things at a time. Ha ha.

Ya'll have a great week enjoying a book, and I'll leave you with a link to something brand new from Tristi Pinkston to put on your to-read list. I'm giving her a shout. Sounds like a fascinating story!
http://frankiemaio.blogspot.com/

 

1 comment:

Hannah Holt said...

Yay for the new house and submitting! That's two huge things in one month. Good luck with everything.