Monday, May 13, 2013

Anne Perry - Keynote Address

 

Oh my gosh, what a great writers conference!International bestseller Anne Perry inspired attendees with a powerful keynote address Friday at the LDStorymakers Conference in Provo, Utah. She began with a connection to the past through words and storytelling. Greek mythology and Bible stories were mentioned. The importance of words was further emphasized when Perry turned  her remarks into a personal pep-talk to each listener. "Books give companionship, knowledge, beauty," she listed. "Maybe your words could give this to someone else." Sharing emotion, from laughter to grief, were encouraged. "Put it down with your heart . . . You can do it." So good to have a cheerleader of such renown. So glad I was there. I hope passing along these thoughts has helped to make your Monday more meaningful (or any day you read this.)
I will share thoughts and snippets of what I learned from the conference in the next few posts. Please check back and I hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Thank you for sharing this! Couldn't be there this year, but glad to hear what you learned and liked!

Leslie said...

Wasn't that a tremendous talk! I felt so inspired by Anne's words.

Renae Weight Mackley said...

Glad you got something out of this, Tamara. I missed not seeing you.
Yes, Leslie, I agree that it was inspiring. Glad you could be there.