Monday, June 15, 2015

Staying on the Motivational Track During the Writing Journey

Do you ever wake up excited that you get to write today? I do--more so when time is less of an enemy than usual. If a great idea comes, it spurs me on further. But what do you do when someone shoots down your idea, scene or story? (Yep, it happens to all of us.)

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that:
  • Not everyone likes the same things. Toughen up. Don't let negative minorities destroy you.
  • If I love my story, it is worth writing. If it makes you happy, make it happen.
  • Evaluate wisely. Listen to critiques from more than one source. Be wise enough to make changes if several tell you the same thing. Don't be above improvement or new ideas. You might like the changes better. If not, you're still the boss.
  • I like me. I like my story. Others will too. Just not everyone. That's okay.
  • Stick nearest those that are positive and supportive.
  • Time will pass whether we write today or not. Go for it!
What helps you stay on the positive writing track?
Now go make it a good writing week.

No comments: