Today's post stems from receiving the
Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and fit the definition.
L. K. Hill awarded me this honor. Liesel is a Liebster herself!
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
10 Facts about me (Renae):
1. I am the mother of six and grandmother to soon-to-be number fifteen.
2. I’ve been eating healthier lately and exercising more. =)
3. Born and raised in Southern California. Lived in Utah since college.
4. I recently moved to Northern California for my husband’s temporary job.
5. I never had pets beyond goldfish and turtles due to my mother’s allergies.
6. My BS degree from BYU is in Clothing and Textiles.
7. When I decide to snack, sweets win. I love milk and dark chocolate, mints, and Hot Tamales.
8. I play piano and guitar, love to lead music, and have composed a few songs.
9. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang Happy Birthday to me in Poland.
10. I survived substitute teaching for 13 years, teaching grades K-12 with 6-9 most frequently.
Blogs I've tagged: (I am on vacation and can't take time to find more than these wonderful blogs. I encourage you to visit and follow them.) Grab the button award above.
To everyone else: Feel free to add your blog info in a comment and I will follow you, hoping you will do the same.
Here are my questions to them, along with my own answers.
1. How long have you been blogging?
My first post was in September of 2010, so not quite two years.
2. Why did you start up a blog?
Other writers insisted that blogs were the best way to get your name out there before being published. It was a stretch for me at first.
3. What has been your weirdest experience with blogging?
There’s been a few frustrating times when something didn’t work as I wanted, but I wouldn’t call it weird. There was a time when I consistently had few comments and was about to give it up, but then the view count shot up. That was a good weird to keep me going.
4. What is your favorite book? 5. Who is your favorite author?
I never know what to say to these questions because I don’t have a favorite above all others.
6. What do you want to be when you grow up/what is your profession?
I already call myself a writer. Hopefully it won’t be long until I can claim published author.
7. How many books do you think you might have?
A lot at home, but can count on two hands how many are in my apartment. I do have a library card here though.
8. Do you prefer reading a proper book or a ebook?
I’m barely getting into the ebook mode so I can’t be objective on this one.
9. If you could choose to live one character's life in a book, who would it be?
Still thinking about this one.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 10 items would you want to have with you?
Sometimes being in this 1-bedroom apt. away from friends and family feels like a deserted island. All I need is sustenance and my pal the computer. Something like this: 1. Water. 2. My husband. 3. Favorite foods. 4. Computer to write on. 5. A supply of books. 6. Music. 7. Other people I love or enjoy. 8-10 Still thinking.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week and happy writing or reading.