Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer's Sweet Reading Spot

Do you ever feel grateful to have the leisure time to do such things as lie in a hammock with a good book and a glass of lemonade nearby? Is it a guilty pleasure or does it make you feel guilty? That might depend on the frequency of this activity compared to your to-do list. But hey, we all need a break sometime. Make it do double duty if that works better for you. Turn it into a family activity with blankets on the backyard grass. A friend of mine likes to soak in the tub while reading. Another calls it writing research. I like the company of an audio book when I'm cooking or cleaning. Mega double duty. I get twice the reading time this way. But let's face it. Summer is a great time to spend reading. No book reports attached. 

While we're celebrating summer and American freedom this week, I just want to say that I am grateful for the freedom to read and write what I choose. This includes the freedom to stick to my values in a world full of media mayhem. A shout goes out to a great hubby who puts up with the time I spend pursuing my dreams. I'm grateful for writer friends who encourage and support me. You guys rock! Stay safe this summer, everybody.

How do you catch your reading time?


No comments: