Monday, December 15, 2014

This week I joined the frenzy of signing up on the first day for my favorite writer's conference, LDStorymakers. Being on Pacific time, I even set my alarm to make sure I had things ready to go on time. The system had an overload or something, but shortly after that was fixed I had registered and signed up for the pre-registration intensive class I wanted most. Hooray! (The regular sessions do not need pre-registration.) This was my main reason for signing up early--last year the intensives filled before I registered. Others scrambled to get pitch sessions or manuscript consultation.

Great things (including but not limited to) about having a favorite conference to attend each year:

  • Connecting. Seeing old friends and online friends in person.
  • Networking. Getting your face and name out there, finding collaborations, meeting agents and publishers.
  • Familiarity = Comfort. Being comfortable with the way things are run, fewer surprises, appreciating subtle changes.
  • Repeats. Taking the class(es) you missed out on last year.
  • Fun. Rejuvenation. Getting pumped up again.
  • Audience. Attenders at this conference are among who I read and who will read my books.

For more information on this wonderful conference held in Utah May 15-16, 2016, visit http://storymakersconference.myshopify.com/.

No comments: